THE SEVEN GOALS:
- HEALTH AND DENTAL INSURANCE for comedians. This would include coverage for mental health issues, a common occupational hazard or prerequisite for being a comedian in the first place.
- SUPPORTING COMEDIANS ON THE GROUND “How can we help?” is our motto. Whether you’re a comic off the turnip truck or a burned out vet, sometimes advice and a simple and friendly conversation with someone in the know can help.
- WORKSHOPS Not a “networking thing,” screw that. All workshops at the Foundation will focus on the human element of being a comedian. Not The Business. Guest lecturers and workshops will feature Kelly Carlin, the daughter of the late great George Carlin. Kelly teaches a wonderful workshop on how to get control of the creativity deep down within and make it work for you.
- THE HECKLER FUND One-time financial grants will help qualified comedians who may be experiencing rent or alimony problems. An interview process will determine eligibility.
- ADDICTION SERVICES. One of the “Foundation Friends” is Kitty Bruce. Daughter of the late great Lenny Bruce, Kitty runs Lenny’s House, a foundation helping young single women with addiction issues. In addition, TLF is networked into many local addiction services.
- COMEDIANS FOR COMEDIANS COMEDY GALA will be the big fund raising show. Many top comedians have already lent their names and more info as this develops, but I promise you this….. From the man who brought Jerry Lewis to the London Palladium, I think you can expect the unexpected.
- REGULAR MEETINGS Leave your networking hat at the door. These gatherings are open to comedians and will serve as sort of group-therapy between comedians. Sharing stories and hearing other’s stories. That’s the way we do it!
MY DREAM is to create a community. Being a comedian is a very lonely enterprise. People love you when you make ‘em laugh. But comedians are real people with extraordinary talent. And often, that talent comes at a price. That’s where The Laughter Foundation comes in. I really thank you for your time and I want you to know I am always very open to “ideers and volunteers”! Love to hear your thoughts. Let’s help comedians. They are a very important part of the world. And remember, “Never take life too seriously!….You’ll never get out it alive!”
THE FUTURE who knows. But, I’ll tell you this, I’m tired of seeing Charlie Chaplin’s left sock in some cheesy display case in a comedy club. Given the stars aligning just right, I would start The Comedy Museum. And, how about National Laughter Day? Or…INTERNATIONAL Day? We live in the YouTube World and anything is possible. Please help in any way you can. Somewhere in the world, right now, there’s a comedian on stage dying. And, I say, “LET HIM DIE!” He obviously sucks BIG Weenie. However, if he needs health insurance or even just some reassurance, there is The Laughter Foundation. Thanks to you.
For more information and/or to offer your services for the cause, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO MAKE A DONATION, go to:
http://www.attictheatre.org/ and click on “Donate Now.” In the “Dedication” field, type in “The Laughter Foundation” and your generous donation will be great appreciated. All deductions are 100% tax deductible.
Thank you for your time and for supporting a very funny cause.
And thank you for your generosity.
Steven Alan Green
President, CEO The Laughter Foundation Founder
THE LAUGHTER FOUNDATION BOARD MEMBERS:
Roseanne Barr, First & Former Chair-Mamma (position currently vacant)
Kitty Bruce (Advisor)
THE LAUGHTER FOUNDATION is not an official 501(c) 3, under the fiscal sponsorship of The Attic Theatre . (Thanks James Carey.) For more info and to donate to The Laughter Foundation, visit http://www.attictheatre.org/. and click on the “DONATE NOW” button. In the “Dedication” field, type in “The Laughter Foundation” and your generous donation will be great appreciated. Thank you again.
501(c)3 Registered Charity Number: 95-4473701
The Attic Theatre Conservatory
5429 W Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA